Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Low Cost Christmas

This is the information comes from a "Low Cost Gift Ideas" handout I received from the Sub-for-Santa program. I can't imagine they wouldn't want this information to be shared freely, so here it is:

Make a family matching game out of cardboard or cut cards out of plywood or chipboard. Glue pictures of your family or friends on them.

Print photos for cheap at www.pephoto.com

101 reasons (or less if you want) "Why I love you." Take 101 kisses and attach 101 reaasons why you love the person.

Sew an apron. It is very easy plus you can get great deals on fabrics. Fnd a large variety of patterns at: www.tipnut.com/56-free-apron-patters-you-can-make/

Buy a blank calendar or dowload one from the internet. Decorate it with personal or cute photos for someone you love.

Compile a history by gathering cool stories, historical accounts and photographs from grandparents, ancestors and other cherished family memories.

Give the gift of warmth by putting hot chocolate packets into a cool mug with a candy cane to stir. Wrapt it in cellophane and tie it closed with a ribbon.

Give a cupon book of activities you can do together or make service vouchers like a car wash.

Take a big matchbox and blue a photo on it. Buy a pretty candle and wrap it with the matchbox.

Make a picture frame out of a cereal box or other cardboard, cut it into a square with a square center removed. Cover it with your favorite paper or fabric and put a picture behind it.

@}~~~~

Hmm....some of these actually sound more expensive than just buying a modest store-bought gift. But you know, it's the thought and effort that counts, not the price, if you can afford the project. LOL

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Those really are some fun ideas! I have been wanting an apron for some time, too!

PS when do you want your pictures taken??

Cam said...

I'll be adding more soon. Pictures. Well, I want to get the kids' hair cut first. Let me see what I can arrange and I'll get back to you. I'm excited, because my kids' haven't had school pics in forever, and I know you're going to do a fabulous job! Maybe we can "pay" you with dinner or something.