Sunday, February 15, 2009

So my computer was out of order for some time, but Mike ordered the part a few weeks ago and when it finally came Friday, he installed it for me. Yay!!!!

I'm well into my semester and enjoying my classes immensely. I'm only taking six credit hours this semester, but I'm finishing two imcompletes I accumulated last year as separation aftermath, so in a sense I'm working on twelve credit hours. I must confess, however, that the Culture of People and Places Topics in Literature class, The Lyrics of Bob Dylan, is so much fun it hardly feels like work. On the other hand, Psychology of Good and Evil is pretty challenging as compensation!

Somehow I ended up rechartering Gender Studies club (nobody else would accept the responsibility this year) and I'm contemplating a request to work with the ACLU on a Women's History conference. Also, a favorite professor has asked me to help her found a Peace and Justice Studies student journal with her as faculty sponsor and myself as student editor. Exciting developments, but Yikes!!!!

Tonight I'm all alone becuase it was my weekend with the kids but they all made plans for sleepovers at friends, tomorrow being a national holiday and school break. I was able to get a lot done, homeworkwise, and right now I'm taking a wee break from reading Lord of the Flies. It's my first reading and I'm thinking of using it for my submission to the 4th Annual Dialogue on Peace and Justice call for papers, the theme this year being Genocide. I'll be reading 1984 by George Orwell for the same paper.

Cass was accepted to the honors art program at her high school and I'm so proud of her. Her French teacher tells us she's talented with languages and ought to take Latin next year also, to distinguish herself academically. Her speech and debate coach tells us she's a very bright critical thinker. Her graphics teacher is very impressed with her artistic talent and technical skills beyond her peers. Pretty much all her professors had great things to say about her in her parent-teacher conference last week. Yay Cass! Way to go!!!!

 I'm well. The kids are well. Mike's got a nasty head cold, the poor boy.

That's about it for now. Luvs!

1 comment:

Dione said...

I'm glad to see you're back! I've missed you! Tell Cassie I'm so proud of her. She's such a bright and capable young woman. She's gonna go far!